CEREC stands for the Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.
But what is it actually?
CEREC Omnicam is innovative equipment that allows our office to use 3D streaming video of your teeth and special software to design a custom crowns, veneers, and fillings in our office. The design is then sent wirelessly to a milling machine in our office and is milled from a solid block of ceramic. Once baked, custom shaded, and polished it is bonded to your tooth. You leave the office within 90 minutes with an exceptionally strong, beautiful custom restoration.
Patients also love the full color virtual models of their mouth produced by Omnican. This technology is excellent for patient education.
Let’s explore some of the advantages of this procedure to you as a patient:
- Eliminates the need for filling your mouth with mushy, unpleasant impression material
- There is no need to wear a temporary crown for weeks which may feel unnatural, come loose, break, or leak leading to tooth sensitivity
- The all ceramic crown is highly esthetic and match your natural teeth unlike the old opaque porcelain to metal crowns
- One-Visit crowns are much more convenient. There can be less drilling, fewer injections , and less time out of your hectic schedule. Rather than taking 2 days off, only a couple of hours may be missed from work. Also, if you are a college student away at school how convenient would it be to only have to make one trip home.
- You as the patient get to see the shape and look of the restoration and provide input before it is completed
- Since your crown design images are saved on the computer a exact duplicate can be made if it does get damaged.